Learn and develop the Willow Way with force free and positive reinforcement training.
We offer both 1 on 1 and group dog training in Loughborough, Barrow upon Soar, Mountsorrel, Rothley, Quorn, Hoton, Sileby, Syston, Birstall & other surrounding villages
Learn & develop the Willow Way
Dog training the Willow Way
At Willow Walks we believe that training should not only develop ability and change behaviour but also grow trust, love and confidence. We believe that training should be constructive, safe, fun and rewarding at all times for both dog’s and owner’s. Your dog’s long term wellbeing and happiness are at all times our core priority, this is why at Willow Walks our ethos and ethics revolve around positive reinforcement. No matter what your aiming to achieve you can rest assured that we will only ever practice and teach positive reinforcement and force-free training methods, ensuring you and your dog have the best chances of succeeding.
What is positive reinforcement?
Positive reinforcement means making good behaviour much more likely, and the positive part, well that’s all about us using things our dogs like to help them really enjoy being good! Put simply, positive reinforcement means training with rewards and giving your dog something they really want and like when they’re behaving in a way that you like, so that they will be more likely to behave in this way again!
Training with rewards is all about teaching your dog that good things happen when they make a good choice. When your dog gets a reward, they will associate this with whatever they have just done, and will be more likely to do that same thing again next time. For example, if you give a treat when your dog raises a paw, they are more likely to do this again the next time they are in the same situation!
Training with rewards is the best way to encourage your dog to behave as you would like on a day-day basis (for example learning to settle themselves down when people are busy, instead of pestering!):
- science tells us that reward-based training is the best way for dogs to learn
- training with rewards is fun, and helps build a positive bond between dog and owner
- owners that train using rewards report fewer behaviour problems in their dogs
- reward based training can help build confidence and encourage dogs to think for themselves
As proud members of the IMDT (institute of Modern Dog Trainers), Willow Walks abide by The IMDT Code of Ethics:
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, the public and The IMDT.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- Members agree to work within their professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
To find out more out the IMDT please visit www.imdt.uk.com