Dog Training the Willow Way
Learn and develop the Willow Way with force free and positive reinforcement dog training.
We offer both 1 on 1 and group dog training in Loughborough, Barrow upon Soar, Mountsorrel, Rothley, Quorn, Hoton, Sileby, Syston, Birstall & other surrounding villages
Dog Training in and around Leicestershire
Dog training the Willow Way
At Willow Walks we believe that training should not only develop ability and change behaviour but also grow trust, love and confidence. We believe that training should be constructive, safe, fun and rewarding at all times for both dog and owner. Your dog’s long-term wellbeing and happiness are always our core priority. This is why at Willow Walks our ethos and ethics revolve around positive reinforcement. No matter what you’re aiming to achieve you can rest assured that we will only ever practice and teach positive reinforcement and force-free training methods, ensuring you and your dog have the best chances of succeeding.
What is positive reinforcement?
Positive reinforcement is where we add a positive reinforcer that, when presented following a desired behaviour makes it more likely that type of behaviour will occur in the future. The important thing to remember is that the reinforcer must seem positive to the dog, some dogs could not care less about a toy reinforcer being given as a reward.
Training with reinforcers is all about teaching your dog that good things happen when they make a good choice. When your dog gets a reinforcer, they will associate this with whatever they have just done. This will make it likely to reoccur. For example, if you give your dog a treat reinforcer when they raise a paw, they are more likely to do it again!
- Science tells us that reward-based training is the best way for dogs to learn.
- Training with rewards is fun and helps to build trust between dog and owner.
- Positive reinforcement training helps to build confidence and encourages dogs to think for themselves.
As proud members of the IMDT (institute of Modern Dog Trainers), Willow Walks abide by The IMDT Code of Ethics:
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, the public and The IMDT.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- Members agree to work within their professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
To find out more out the IMDT please visit www.imdt.uk.com
our dog training services
Our Puppy Life Skills classes are a great opportunity for you to give yourself and your puppy the right start on your life journey together! Our Puppy Training classes include; Foundation behaviours, proximity & bond building exercises, recall, general obedience, settle, behaviours that promote good choices & loose lead walking. Topics we discuss include Puppy problems, health, body language & dog law.
An exciting workshop to enable you to build upon off lead confidence and support a trusting relationship together with the ability to roam and experience the enrichment that the environment provides. The behaviours, games and exercises within this workshop aim to promote handler focus and orientation in a fun and rewarding way for your dog, thereby setting your dog up to make good decisions.
1 to 1 Training
Tailored to suit your exacting needs our Willow Way 1-to-1 dog training sessions are available for puppies and adolescent dogs. No matter what you’re aiming to achieve you can rest assured that we will only ever practice and teach positive reinforcement and force-free training methods, ensuring you and your dog have the best chances of succeeding.
Online Dog Training
Our 1-to-1 dog training sessions are also available online. Willow Way offer Teams/Zoom calls for consultations, advice and even practical dog training. No matter where you are located, Willow Way can support you and your dog, training the Willow Way online!
A popular workshop designed to help you, help your dog. Our Dog Nutrition workshops are educational, fun and tasty! Do you know what’s really in the food you give your dog? Do you know the benefits of RAW diet? Would you like to know what foods help with arthritis or can improve the condition of your dog’s coat?